Filed under: Directions for Sustainable Innovation, Sustainability News | Tags: Circular, Empathy, Engines, Sharing, Social Impact, Sustainable Development
It has been a crazy and tough, yet wonderful year, 2015. The world is changing at a high pace. Everybody is doing his or her utmost best to make the most out of it. The Netherlands experience a high influx of newcomers that arrive full of hope and motivation to build a new life, whereas we still are working hard on building these new mixed communities. The attacks in Paris, the city so close to my heart, make people realize that respect and empathy are the fundamental values that we should not stop advocating. In the city of light, end of the year, leaders of all nations concluded on an agreement to fight climate change, moving from fossil to a bio-based economy.
The plans are drafted for 2016 and beyond. Our success and future prosperity is depending on our perseverance to follow up. This counts for all of us: business and public leaders, entrepreneurs, managers, designers and consumers. Let’s stay sharp, be agile and make it work.
Some thoughts for 2016:
- More important than speed, it’s the direction we are heading for.
- More than kickstarters, we also need people that can be engines for change.
- More than transparency, it’s about impact.
- More than feeling pity, it’s about empathy.
- More than admiring individual heroes, it’s about fostering collective pride.
- More than pitching ideas, it’s about sharing and implementing.
- More than avoiding harm, it’s about creating sustainable systems in which people can flourish, now and in the future.
Have a great 2016. Play. Learn. Enjoy. Be kind.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment